And Home Restoration Services
you need to take action with respectful and compassionate hoarding services.
Major Signs Of Disposophobia Or Compulsive Hoarding
No senior or hoarding situation is exactly the same, but the most common signs of compulsive hoarding include:
- Little or no room to sleep in bed
- Hoarding stashes interfere with cooking, bathing or socializing
- Appliances are no longer working
- No water flow or working toilet
- Heater or air conditioner not working properly
- Fire code violations
- Your loved one is threatened with eviction
- Safety and health risks are evident
- Strong, pungent odors from hoarding piles
- Exits, heating ducts or electrical outlets are restricted or blocked
- Clutter is spilling out of the house into the yard or garage
- Animal waste, bugs or rodents are present
How Keen Home Care Helps Your Loved One Manage Hoarding Behaviors
When you contact Keen Home Care about a potential compulsive hoarding situation,
we first meet with you one-on-one before conducting an in-home assessment of the situation with your aging loved one.
Once our assessment is complete, we provide you with a detailed report and an action plan to implement a comprehensive recovery process.
Our hoarding clean up and home restoration services include:
- Coordinating donations or disposal of unwanted items
- Managing the removal of pests, rodents and/or animal waste
- Restoring home to functional use
- Preparing an older home to be lived in again
- Organizing and following up on home maintenance repairs
- If necessary, transitioning senior to an alternate residence
- Preparing the property to be placed on the real estate market, if needed
Is your loved one suffering from compulsive hoarding or disposophobia?
Are you unsure if they might need hoarding clean up services?
Click below to arrange for a free in-home assessment by a geriatric care manager.